Friday, June 5, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful 4 day weekend with Mike home. We went to six flags on Friday and it was awesome! The weather was wonderful (duh, it is California) and there were no lines. I was a little worried about going on a holiday weekend, but apparently, Friday was not a six flags day in most people's book. It was great. Lauren was so excited about riding the rides and she rode every roller coaster at least once, usually twice. Since Logan isn't quite tall enough for most of the rides (much to his disappointment, I might add), she would ride with either Mike or myself the first time, and then ride again with which ever one of us hadn't ridden. Logan's favorite ride was a water ride. I had dressed him in his swim trunks just in case, and boy am I glad I did! He got soaking wet and loved every second. We need to get a smaller digital camera before our next trip, because our camera is too expensive and large to take and carry around an amusement park.

On Saturday, we went to garage sales and shopping. Mike decided that I needed clothes that actually fit me, so my usual thrift store treasures were no longer hacking it. Which, I admit, most of my clothes are wayyyy too big. So, he took me clothing shopping, which was not something I was looking forward to. But I did get some nice things, and then I turned the tables on him and made him start trying stuff on. So, we both ended up with some new summer clothes.

On Sunday, we went to church and then to one of our church elder's house for a cookout. It was a bring your own meat thing, but we went home to change and took too long, so we just stopped by KFC and picked our meat up already cooked. It was a great afternoon fellowshipping with people from church and eating. The kids had a blast running around their park worthy back yard playing with all their friends from church. Mike lead the devotional for the evening service there before we left. Once again, I did not take the camera.

On Monday, we had a great time with Mitch and his family. They go camping with her side of the family every Memorial Day weekend, and came back a little early so that we could spend some time together. Mike cooked out on his grill, the kids had a blast in our pool and we all got some great visiting in. After we all cleaned up from the pool, Mike, Mitch, Lauren and Kaelyn really enjoyed playing on our piano. I don't know where Logan and Andrew went. Since we were at our house, I whipped out the camera for this day.

All in all, this was a wonderful weekend that we spent together as a family. I don't know when the next time we will get that much time alone together, but I sure am looking forward to it.

1 comment: